I have been asked about zillion times about hair styles for curly and wavy hair. Somehow everyone feels that once we start wearing our hair naturally curly or wavy, the only option is to keep your hair open. Well that’s not true. We can make and create many hairstyles that look gorgeous on our gorgeous curls.
I have been delaying this post for the longest coz —–> 1. I am the laziest person on this earth!! 2. I don’t have some bakra to click proper pics for the hairstyle to show. Even when I try hairstyles which look good in person, I am unable to click at angles that show the hairstyle well.
Finally now when I am spending few days with my family, I remembered to make my brother click few pics on days that I tried a hair style.
These are few very simple hair styles which you can do by simply seeing. So I am not doing a tutorial but just giving you ideas for hairstyles that suit naturally curly and wavy hair. The best part is that these styles go very well with nth Indian and western looks. So you can use these to create awesome hairstyles for this festive season too!
These hairstyles are best suited for:
- Medium to Long hair
- Transitioning hair – dividing hair into up & down sections by pinning half way helps in camouflaging the striking difference in texture and makes hair look good.
- Non-wash day hair – for day 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. when the frizz is expected. or definition is low, these styles come as a savior!
The Twist and Pin Look:
This is kind of my go-to Hair style. You simply
- Part your hair the way you want
- Take a chunk of hair/curl near your temple
- Starting from the rots, roll it around itself and move towards the back
- Pin it at the back of your head
- Repeat the same at the other side
You can do single. double or triple twists based on your liking. Single it the simplest. Adding just one more set of twists just takes the hairstyle one notch up! 🙂
- You can adjust the thickness of the twists as per your hair.
- This suits Long to Medium length hair.
- For Short hair, You can pin the twist just above the ear instead of taking it all the way till back. Also can do the twists at just one side.
The Messy Side Braid:
This is also a very simple hair style.
- Best done with a side partition.
- Create a normal three strand braid
- Do not comb your hair
- Make a tight three strand braid onto one side
- Secure with a band at the end
- Holding the outer most strands at each braid, pull towards outside so that the braid looks fluffier and big
- If certain short strands or curls pull out, don’t worry! this style is meant to be messy
- This is best suited for Medium to Long Hair
I usually don’t braid straight away. I take hair and twist or roll and pin it up at the back and then make the side braid. It keeps my hair from looking flat at the top.
The Twist & Side-Pony Look:
- Taking to chunks of curls, twist them around towards the back and pin at the back.
- Take side partition, since taking mid-partition sometimes makes hair look flat.
- You can twist hair either at just one side or create a thinner one on the other side and pin along the other at the back
- You can leave it as it is to make a kind of half up-half down hair style.
- I like to take my hair on one side and make a side pony.
This hairstyle makes the curls look popping! Our naturally curly or wavy hair enhances this whole look and makes this simple hairstyle look gorgeous!! 🙂
Sorry the pic is not clear. It was clicked on my secondary camera. But I hope it gives you an idea!
These hair styles take just 5 mins and look super cute. I find them awesome for my 2nd-3rd even 4th day hair. Just refresh hair quickly and create a nice 2-mins hairstyle and be out the door!!
Do try these hairstyles and share pics in the Forum, Curlies! 🙂
Happy festival season!! 🙂 <3