Hi curlies!! So, here is a quick pictorial tutorial on Plopping or Plunking for you.
What is plopping or plunking?
Plopping/Plunking is rolling or putting up your hair in a t-shirt or cotton cloth.
Reasons to Plop/Plunk:
- cuts down the drying time
- enhances curl pattern and gives tighter curls (Wavy haired people will love it!)
- keeps hair frizz-free while drying
- prevents us from touching our hair while it dries.
When to Plop?
On freshly washed hair, after applying all leave-in and styling products, follow it with scrunching using a dry t-shirt….then take another dry t-shirt and plop your hair.
How long to Plop?
You can plop from 10 mins to as long as you want. Many people even plop overnight.
How to Plop: (at the risk of looking funny and oh-so-tired..here is a pictorial tutorial!!)
- Spread a cotton t-shirt or microfibre towel on a flat surface like bed, stool, chair, etc.
- Place your wet hair on the t-shirt as shown in the pics below.
- Scrunch your hair between your head and the t-shirt
- Fold the t-shirt over your head
- Roll both the ends on each side of your ear
- Stand upright
- Fold the sleeves and tie the ends at the nape.
- If you cannot tie, then use a clutcher or a clip to secure the t-shirt in place. (I use a cloth clips)
- Finally, look funny like this.
- What I do is, plop with one t-shirt for about 10-15 mins. Once it gets too wet, I remove it and plop with another dry t-shirt. Drastically reduces drying time!!
- You can use any cotton t-shirt, or cloth or pillowcase or microfibre towel to plop. As far it is cotton, smooth surfaced and soaks well, it would work fine.
- The time for plopping is different for different people. So do trial and error.
- If you have plopped your hair and a stranger rings the doorbell, please do remember to remove the plop and then open the door. 😛 otherwise the look that you get is unforgettable!! hahaha…..
So, do you plop your hair? I seems that wavies like plopping more than curlies (for definition)….are you a curly who is addicted to plopping?? Wavies, does your hair love plopping?? Do lemme know in comments below!! 🙂