Bblunt Salons (in India) have curly hair experts, you have heard that? Well yeah! They do…I knew this for a really long time…My bro is in Bengaluru.. and I had planned a visit in Nov and a haircut around the same time… but the things that kept me away from my blog kept me from executing my plan. So, finally after the delay of so many months, I finally landed at a Bblunt salon this month. Andddd finally got my hair cut by a curly hair expert at BBlunt!! Yaayyy!!
No… Nothing drastic!! A usual cut but at the much awaited place 🙂
Let’s start from the start.
I called up at Bblunt @StudioWest branch to get an appointment. I asked for a curly hair expert. They redirected me to BBlunt Magrath Road. The person on phone sweetly told me that BBlunt Magrath road has special curly hair experts. Provided me with that branch’s contact number and asked to call back if I needed any further assistance.
I called up BBlunt Magrath road. Fixed an appointment and asked for a senior stylist who was a curly hair expert. I told that I do not wear my hair straight so I would like to surely have cut/consultation with someone who really knows curly hair. I was assured that it will be so. I asked for the stylist’s name and I was given one. 🙂
You can locate a BBlunt salon in your city here: http://www.bblunt.com/salons/
The BBlunt Magrath Road Salon:
Oh! I was in love with this salon. It has fabulous interiors. A vast spread and B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. salon. Each and every wall and each and every corner seemed well designed. I really didn’t cover all the corners in the pics. (pictures won’t do justice for sure…) and it felt more like a mini-lounge 🙂 Once we reached, my appointment was confirmed. We were asked to wait for 5 mins, which me and my bestie spent clicking selfies (of course!) and exploring the various products and hair accessories on display.
[btw, my bestie has been on an eternal low recently 🙁 so we didn’t really go high on the selfies. 🙁 but yeah I am hoping by next time she will be in a better shape to enjoy the ambiance more!!]
Rs. 1400 for haircut by a Senior Stylist.
You can find the BBlunt Salon Menu here: http://www.bblunt.com/salons/salon-menu/
In sometime, we were introduced to the senior stylist named Sangte. A sweet, young female of few words. 🙂 She asked what I had in mind. I told her that I wanted to reshape my hair and lose the unevenness.
- She analysed my hair closely. Asked how I styled my curls. I told her that I scrunch in gel on wet hair and that I always wear it curly like that. (btw, it was my day 3 hair).
- Then she picked up few curls here and there and looked at the pattern closely.
- Looked at the stringy ends and picked up the length to check if I was okay with letting go of that many inches. That was the precise length I wanted to lose, so I agreed.
- Asked when I had my last hair cut. Told me that the layers were still there and needed a trim.
I was told that another person will wash my hair and then the cut will be done by her.
I am not fussy about sulfate-silicone products being used on my hair at Salon. My hair was shampooed and conditioned with BBlunt products. The detangling was very soft and professional. Wide tooth comb and fingers were used. I didn’t have any “ripping-my-hair-apart” kind of feel. so far so good 🙂
As my kid took out his hotwheels cars and settled to play at the near by counter, Sangte took control of her hair tools and started to work on my hair.
- She patiently examined & cut every section of hair. She executed confidence and I was not in the panic mode I usually am in while having a haircut.
- She again asked me for the length that she should take off. Me & Divya got into a discussion and agreed on the final length. We three agreed that atleast 2 inches needed to go.
- She suggested that I trim my existing layers and did so.
- She checked with me on the length of the bangs and the shortest layer in front and cut accordingly.
- I had been growing out some unevenness around my shoulders, I told her that. She checked and told that only mild difference was there and adjusted it accordingly.
- Once she had gone over and cut all the layers in front, she told me that I had major layers only in the front and the back didnt have as many. (Yeah at my last two haircuts I had asked for that only!)
- She discussed patiently on how I wanted the back part of my hair to look. I told her that I didn’t want the stringy, thin look at the ends. She told me that if I went for layers at the back, I will be having thinner layer at the ends and if I style it curly it is better not to get it done. I agreed. And she did not force me to get layers all over, coz she saw what I wanted.
- I still asked her if there was something else that she thought would suit my lengths at back. She said she can give very slight layers to give some movement. Then we both felt it was not needed and to keep my hair as it is.
- Once she was done with the final shaping up, she asked if I wanted to blow dry my hair? I told I would prefer to get it diffused.
- She scrunched in Keratase Elixir Oil Cream on my dampish-wet hair. Took out the diffuser and went on with diffusing mildly. She did not blow around my curls. She knew how and what to do. The curls were looser than how it looks when I diffuse. But then I know my curls better than others 🙂
- Once my hair was 75-80% dry, she told me that I should let it airdry now so that it doesn’t frizz. I was happy to do that.
- I immediately liked my hair. It looked in shape after really long.
- Oh! in between she had asked me about what products I used.
The Final look:
Here is how I look after the hair cut!! I was way too happy, as you can tell! I knew my hair will look curlier and a little shorter than ths, but I was okay with that 🙂
Well, here is a bonus pic!! 🙂
I love the BBlunt salon for the haircut. If you are in Bangalore, you should surely drop at the BBlunt Magrath Road salon. Don’t forget to fix an appointment and to ask for a curly hair expert!!! 🙂
What I liked:
- The stylist knew curly hair, discussed with me regarding what I was expecting and styled my hair only based on that. She was very patient and open to discussion and gave genuine appropriate suggestions. Se definitely knew how to handle my hair.
- The hair wash and detangling was gentle.
- No heartbreaks at the end of the cut.
- The staff was very friendly.
- They did ask me what products I used. But did not promote their own products. (I sure was asked at the counter if I was interested in any of the products but not like please-get-one-right-now types!!)
- I loved the Salon’s interiors!!
What I wish was different:
- Umm.. well, I knew this one already. Though, the stylist is a curly hair expert, the cut was done on wet hair as opposed to dry hair cut which is generally called a curly hair cut. Dry hair cut tells the stylist exactly how and where to make the cut. But then there are no salons in India yet that do dry curly hair cut. Hope BBlunt academy will soon train their students on the dry cutting technique.
Overall, I was very happy with my experience with BBlunt salon. I will surely be going back when if I am in Bangalore when I am due for another haircut.
So, have you ever been to Bblunt salon and got a hair cut from a curly hair expert? Tell me in comments below!! 🙂