L'Oreal Smooth Intense Smoothing Conditioner (Silk Protein) – Ingredients and l

Home Forums Curly Hair Products in India L'Oreal Smooth Intense Smoothing Conditioner (Silk Protein) – Ingredients and l

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Divya 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Divya
    Keymaster

Here is a quick look at the bottle and ingredients of L’Oreal Smooth Intense Smoothing Conditioner (Silk Protein). This is one of the most easily available silicone-free conditioners. You can easily spot it in local grocery shops or in near by supermarkets.

This video is not a review…but just a “Look and Ingredients” kind of video to help you lay your hands on the correct product! 🙂

reshmarr
    Participant

hi divya,
    i started using this conditioner for my co-washing for a past three weeks.
    day 1 , i had a perfect curly hair , (but i experienced lot of hair fall due to change of product, usually i experience while changing a product), but my hair was so silky, soft , without tangles.
    day 2: my hair is completely dry, not much frizzy but wit less moisture. i tried your refreshing the curl for second day with the same conditioner and water , it becomes manageable but not moist for whole day. yes it dries within 2-3 hrs , and again a dry hair 🙁 . i tried combining with flax seed gel also … still same…

Divya
      Keymaster

Hey Reshma,

May be you should try to seal the moisture with very little oil. after applying your leave-in conditioner, you can follow it up with veryyyyyyy little oil. Say few drops and slightly run over entire hair. So, that oil coats hair very lightly and seals in the moisture. Have you added oil in your flaxseed gel? If you add few drops, that should help too.

For me, leaving in more conditioner in hair on wash day gives better moisturized hair on day 2.

Also, you can keep handy water plus conditioner mix in a small spray bottle and try to refresh your curls mid day, if you can, to combat dryness. Once you start deep conditioning your hair more often, your hair might retain more moisture and not feel so dry.

🙂

Divya
        Keymaster

Ops…I totally forgot…you use this very same conditioner to refresh and as a leave-in conditioner? Then the ‘dry’ feel can also be due to the ‘hydrolysed silk’ in the ingredients. which is a protein and is meant to strengthen hair. If used in excess on hair, it might cause hair to become dry and even brittle.

Loreal conditioner is okay to use for cowashing and as a rinse-off conditioner. However, I would suggest you to use some other conditioner as a leave-in or to refresh.

reshmarr
    Participant

yeah… i use the same as the leave in conditioner… then shall i try any other conditioner?

Divya
      Keymaster

Yes Reshma.. I would suggest you to use another conditioner as a leave-in.

However, since you already have this one handy and will surely be having some oil, may be you should try to seal moisture in hair with oil too (keeping remaining entire regimen same!) Just to see if sealing helps in retaining moisture.

Meanwhile, do get another silicone-free conditioner to be used as a leave-in…that would be better, I feel

reshmarr
    Participant

anyways … thanks divya…
    suggest me which whould be better as a leave in conditioner..?

Divya
      Keymaster

hmm you can use any from this List of silicone-free conditioners…based on your budget and availability…. however, lately I have been having mixed feelings about the Enliven conditioners…so I would not recommend that…Though it is a very budget friendly one, I feel it has been causing frizz in my hair when I try to refresh using enliven…

reshmarr
    Participant

thanks for your honest response divya… i felt better after oiling ,,, not that much dry…

Divya
    Keymaster

Wow.. that’s great Reshma. You used oil as a sealant on wet hair or any other way?

reshmarr
    Participant

no divya.. in dry hair ly i used on my 2nd day after my hair wash…

Divya
      Keymaster

Hey Reshma.. if applying in dry day 2 hair works well for you the follow the same. 👍

You can also try to apply on wet hair on wash day. After your leave-in and before your gel. See if it give’s you be terr day 2 hair. If not then follow applying on dry day 2 hair. 🙂

reshmarr
    Participant

am i supposed to use it on dry hair

reshmarr
    Participant

THANKS DIVYA……….

Divya
      Keymaster

You are always welcome…… 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.