If you are facing dryness in hair…..want a quick fix….have run out of your store bought deep conditioning treatment (DT)…..are feeling too lazy to whip out homemade remedies…..then this is the perfect Quick and Easy DIY Deep Conditioning treatment for your ever thirsty hair that feels dry or frizzy. Orrrr… If you are travelling and cannot mix homemade concoctions to make your hair meet its thirst, then this is the best option that you have.
- Silicone-free Conditioner (Your regular one) – 3 Tb Spoons
- Silicone-free Aloe Vera Gel – 1 Tb Spoon
- Shower Cap (Optional)
This quantity was more than enough for my mid length hair. You can adjust the quantity based on your hair length or density 3:1 seems to do the trick for me.
- Mix both the ingredients together in a bowl. It will come to a creamy consistency.
- After washing your hair, section and detangle.
- Apply in sections to coat all strands.
- Put on the shower cap and leave for 30-40 mins (or as long as you can. Minimum of 20 mins)
- Rinse off and follow up with your usual hair wash routine.
Soft and conditioned hair without any dryness or frizz. Felt hydrated!! 🙂
I was pretty much happy with the results. My hair felt soft, super conditioned and frizz-free (well…frizz-free till I decided to get on an auto without a scarf *rolling eyes*) 😉
This is how my hair looks after using this deep conditioning treatment for 40 mins followed up by usual routine and NO hair styling products (no gel/mousse)
This is what I followed exactly:
- Washed my hair with Giovanni Root 66 Max Volume shampoo
- Mixed 2 spoons Enliven Coconut and Vanilla conditioner + 1 spoon Enliven raspberry and red apple conditioner + Aroma Treasures Aloe Vera Gel
- Applied and detangled along the way
- Put on the shower cap and kept it on for 40 minutes
- Rinsed off.
- Skipped my conditioner
- Did NOT apply any styling gel
- Plopped for 15minutes
- Let my hair air dry
- Clicked the snap 😉
- You can use any silicone-free conditioner that you have. I mixed two which were almost over. so simply scrapped out the remaining conditioners and mixed with aloe vera gel.
- If you do not follow silicone-free routine, then you can do this with your silicone containing conditioner too!
- If you do not have aloe vera gel, you can always add few drops of any oil that you have at home. 3-4 drops would do. If your hair doesn’t take oils well. Use only the conditioners
- Using a shower cap is optional. However, I realized that shower cap actually helped in providing warmth while the Deep conditioning treatment soaked on your hair. If you have low porosity hair (don’t know porosity? learn here), then I would suggests to use a shower cap for sure.
- If you do not have a shower cap, take any plastic cover and wrap it around your hair. People also wrap warm towel, however I feel that in this particular case, it might take away the conditioner hence the plastic cover.
- Let it be on the hair for atleast 20 mins.
Let me know if you try this easy Deep conditioning treatment!! Hope it helps!! 🙂