Cantu Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream is my current fav and my go-to product for dull dry and undefined hair. Period. You still wanna read the whole review? 😛
Okay then, here you go!
Available at Amazon here:
CG Friendly/Safe. Silicone, alcohol, paraben, mineral oil, phthalates free.
Top 5 Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin (Humectant – attracts moisture to hair), Cetearyl Alcohol (fatty alcohol – hair softener, conditioning), Propanediol(humectant, emollient), Behentriomonium Methosulfate (detangling agent)
It is a cylindrical, sturdy, opaque plastic bottle. It has a press type of lid. You need to press the lid to half open the dispensing side. Then invert the bottle and press the bottle to squirt the product out.
Creamy and thick
Slip and spreadability
Spreads very veryyyy easily on dry, damp as well as wet hair. As in, on any type of hair condition, you can quickly apply this product without it sticking clumsily here and there.
After my usual routine of shampoo, detangling and rinse off conditioner, I apply Cantu Curl Activator Cream all over my hair. While rinsing out my conditioner in shower, I leave very little conditioner on my hair and do not add a layer of conditioner as a leave-in. This cream is applied as a leave in… it works as a curl enhancer and provides some hold. It totally match the expectations…i should say tat this product exceeded my expectation!! It moisturies dry hair and totally adds bounce to the curls. I have applied it on hair that was not deep conditioned in ages and was falling flat and it immediately picked up my curls and added bounce and definition. I was not sure how a cream could “activate” curls…but this product totally does that!! I will just sum it up in pros and cons for you! 🙂
- It totally enhances curls
- Gives hair some bounce
- Adds moisture to dry hair. I applied it on long neglected and falling flat curls and this cream (true to its name) totally picked my curls up!!
- Defines hair to some extent. But I prefer it with a gel over it! This is basically a cream which can replace gel only if u have very tight curls and do not live in a humid climate. For my loose curls and Chennai’s humidity, I get better Day 2 hair with a gel over this. Day one with this cream alone is good but with gel is better!
- Spreads very easily on dry, damp as well as wet hair
- Very little quantity is needed
- Awesomely refreshes non-wash day hair even without any water or spray. Can be grazed on dry hair and it controls frizz and adds definition. You can see that here in my Day 2 Kodaikanal pics. Even in the ponytail, my curls are so defined and the baby hair are all lying flat…yet doesn’t give that wet or weighed down feel!!
- Smell is awesome on hair..can’t stop sniffing!!
- Need to regulate the quantity required for your hair type and properties….not really a con though!
- Very fine haired people might find this a bit heavy for their hair. However, if applied mildly, this works wonders.
- If applied very heavily, can cause hair to be greasy or weighed down.
- If you have very tight curls and are not looking for a curl activator, then you can skip this product.
- Not easily available in India and is costlier here.
This is a Curl Activator. If for some reason you have been looking for something to use as an Activator or say for a leave in product to enhance your curls, control frizz, pick up your curls, define annnndddd something that keeps your hair moisturzied while doing all this, then Cantu Curl Activator Cream is THE product to go for. I highly recommend this to all types of curlies. This has already caught a very special place in my hair stash!! 😍😊 This comes to my rescue on the most devastating hair days!!! I highly recommend this to all curlies and wavies
You can buy this here:
You can see my Day 1 and 2 hair pics with Cantu Curl Activator Cream in the below links:
So, What is your review on this product? Have you tried it yet??